Why You Need a Furnace Limit Control Switch

A furnace limit control switch is a very important safety device in your home. There are several reasons why you should have one installed in your home. The most common reasons are the potential for fire or smoke damage, accidental breaking of your furnace blades and carbon monoxide poisoning. I will cover both of these reasons in the next few paragraphs.

The first reason you need a furnace limit control switch is if your home is susceptible to fire or smoke damage. If your home suffers from flooding it may be the case that if a flame were to break out and land on the blades or your chimney, it could easily cause a fire to spread throughout your home. A fire is especially dangerous as the only thing that you have to fight it with is water. With no proper fire extinguisher available it is likely that the fire will burn itself out before it is completely extinguished. Smoke damage to your home can occur when an accidental burst of flames breaks out on the ceiling or the attic, making it difficult to breathe. If you have a smoke alarm in your home, this will alert you to the fire but also make the fire difficult to extinguish. A furnace limit control switch can prevent these problems occurring.

The second reason you should have a furnace limit control switch installed is that carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious problem in many homes today. Carbon monoxide can be absorbed through the ventilation systems in your home. This form of poison can easily enter your home through holes in the ceiling and cause serious health problems. Carbon monoxide is the product of the combustion of fuel, such as wood, coal, diesel or gas. A furnace limit control switch allows you to turn your carbon monoxide sensors off if you are away from your home, thereby protecting your family and saving you money in the long run.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.